A dog's vacation necessities!
Please read and fill out our kennel agreement completely and bring it with you when you drop off your pet.
medical release form
Kessler Kennel Farms, LLC requires an emergency medical form to be filled out at time of drop off to help us better serve you in the unlikely event that we need to take your pet to a veterinarian for either emergent or acute medical service. Everyone has different individual needs and expectations regarding their pet's care and this form allows us to extend that care on your behalf and helps define potential treatment parameters.
It is important to note that if you choose not to leave credit card information, most veterinarian practices will not perform services without pre-authorization of payment. If we cannot get a hold of you due to communication accessibility variables, we will not be able to take them to receive veterinary care.
If an unexpected need to visit a veterinary clinic arises, we will continually make efforts to contact you whether we have the credit card information or not. It does not replace direct communication but is a safety measure set in place in the event that the pet owner is unavailable.
We do not store any information related to this medical release online, so access to your personal information is only accessible to the office staff and kept in a locked filing cabinet.
Click here for an informative link that helps to understand the dynamics of potential GDV (bloat).
Please bring your vaccine records when you drop off, or have your veterinarian fax them to us at (860) 413-9883.
- Proof of a current rabies, bordetella and H3N2* vaccine are REQUIRED.
- * We will require the first part of the H3N2 two shot vaccination process to be received by October 5, 2018. We will then require the second phase to be administered within the four week time frame structured by the manufacturers of the vaccine.
- The bordetella vaccine only covers certain strains, and does not guarantee your pet will be immune to getting a cold or cough. It is comparable to the human flu shot and helps to support the dogs immune system. It also lessens the symptoms if the cold or cough is contracted. We have a very low incidence of it here, however; no one can completely prevent it, similar to kids at daycare or school.
- If your pet's vaccine is not up to date and we have to transport him to the vet, we will charge a $35 fee minimum dependent on time in addition to the boarding fees. The vaccinations will need to be paid for through separate arrangement with the veterinarian by the pets owner.
SPAY AND NEUTER POLICY
Kessler Kennel Farms requires all dogs over 8 months old to be spayed or neutered to enjoy playgroup. Intact dogs (both males and females) can disrupt a peaceful play environment due to aggressive play, humping, dominant behavior or being targeted by other dogs who smell their hormones. We understand the philosophy of waiting to be spayed or neutered for health reasons. Please be aware that Kessler Kennel might have to have your pup in an alternate play yard if they are intact.
SPECIAL NEEDS AND GERIATRIC PET POLICY
Kessler Kennel Farms is not staffed 24-hours per day and thus is not suitable for animals in need of intensive care. Staff is on site roughly 7am - 7pm daily. All dogs with health concerns, and many dogs over the age of 10 depending on their condition, will be boarded at the kennel manager's discretion especially during high volume times. Please take into consideration your pet's ease of mobility, general attitude and demeanor, stress levels, appetite, potty habits (incontinence, etc.) and willingness to receive medication. The kennel manager may decide your pet is not suitable for boarding. A pet-sitter or alternate arrangement may be in your pet's best interest.
DEPOSIT and cancellation policy
Applicable during holidays and school vacations
- 50% deposit due 4 to 6 weeks prior to board
- NO refunds on any deposit paid for boarding
- Cancellation greater than 72 hours, full deposit applied to future board
- Cancellation less than 72 hours, half the deposit is forfeit the other half goes toward future board